College History
ATSVS Siddha Medical College , the first private Siddha Medical College, situated in a serene and beautiful aesthetic atmosphere in Munchirai, Kanyakumari District is run by Akila Thiruvithancore Siddha Vaidhya Sangam.

This sangam was founded by late Nithyananda Swamigal. He visited different places and studied the feasibility and suitability for establishing a Siddha Medical Gurukulam and found Munchirai to be the best and carried out his mission here. The sangam was registered under the companies Act in the year 1937. The Swamigal established a Siddha Medical Diploma College, Hospital, Pharmacy and an herbal garden. Later on, the sangam grew auspiciously where the institution got itself upgraded to an Undergraduate Siddha Medical College in the year 1996 under the president ship of Thiru T. Mohan Raj.

From the academic year 2001 regular batches are run every academic year. This institution has been producing eminent Siddha doctors who serve the society in various levels since its establishment.

The college is presently administered by Justice A. Ramamurthi, Former Judge, Madras High court as Interim Administrator and Dr. T. PaulDurai ManiMozhian M.D (S) as principal.

The college is approved by the central council of Indian Medicine and Dept of Ayush, Ministry of Health & family welfare, Govt of India and affliated to The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai.